- Tour Plan
- Over Day
One day tour to Jordan (Petra) by ferry
Available: Wednesday and Saturday
On July 7, 2007 Petra was announced as one of the new Seven Wonders of the World and has become the perfect tourist destination.
Visiting Petra by ferry is an opportunity to touch the secrets of the ancient city, admire one of the greatest human creations, built on top of the masterpiece of nature itself.
Petra (Jordan) from Sharm el Sheikh:
* 1:30 Leaving the hotel to drive to Taba Port, where you should arrive by 6:00.
* From Taba you will travel to the Jordanian Port of Aqaba by ferry. The journey will take about 1 hour. On the way you will have an opportunity to admire the incredible views of three countries at once – Israel (Eilat), Jordan (Aqaba) and Saudi Arabia and take beautiful photos.
* At 8.30 you will arrive to Aqaba. On the Jordanian side, you will be met by an English-speaking professional guide who will accompany you around Jordan. You will then travel to Petra through the Wadi Rum desert on a comfortable air-conditioned coach.
* The Siq Canyon is the main road that lies between the city’s rose colored mountains, which stand at a height of 80m and reach up to 1.2 Km at the end of the Siq.
The Siq opens up onto Petra’s most magnificent facade – The Treasury (Al Khazna). It is almost 40 meters high and intricately decorated with Corinthian capitals, friezes, figures and more. The structure is believed to have been the mausoleum of the Nabatean King Aretas IV in the 1st century AD. It became known as Al-Khazneh, or The Treasury in the early 19th century by the area’s Bedouins as they had believed it contained treasures.
In 1812, the city of Petra and Al-Khazneh was rediscovered by Swiss explorer Johann Ludwig Burckhardt. The Treasury has appeared in many Hollywood films, gaining particular fame after being featured in the 1989 film “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade”.
* 16:00 Lunch at the 5* hotel (included in the price of the tour)
* 17:00 Going back to Aqaba for a city tour
* 18:00 Departing from Aqaba to Taba by ferry
* 00:00 Returning back to your hotel in Sharm el Sheikh
What is included:
• Hotel pick-up and drop off
• All transportation and assistance at the border
• Departure tax at Jordanian border
• Entrance fee to Petra
• Certified English-speaking tour guide
There are no comments yet.